Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

Good and bad: lessons in perspective

Ah, Monday.  I have never been a big fan of Mondays (I don't know too many people who are).  But Mondays are even harder when you have a toddler that apparently hates Mondays more than you do.  Today's post is in honor of all those Monday mornings - the dawdling, the screaming, the pleading, the crying, the begging, the bargaining, refusing to eat, begging to eat more - and the list goes on.  Usually by the time I get to work on Monday morning, I feel like I have already worked a whole week.  It takes a shift in perspective to get back in a good frame of mind and buckle down for a productive - and happy - day and week.  

The books that I have chosen for today's post  are great examples of books that put things in perspective.  Even very young children can learn lessons from relatable tales, and in the throes of a tantrum (no matter what time of day or what day of week), I have been able to remind my Little One that she can choose to have a good day by reminding her of these stories.  I'm not saying that it works every time....but the fact that it has EVER worked makes me realize that she is learning from our reading adventures, afterall!

 

My No No No Day

Good News, Bad News

1 comment:

  1. What a nice selection of books to help toddlers and all of us have a positive outlook. Loved the trailer.

    ReplyDelete